Belize, formerly known as British Honduras, is located on the Caribbean coast of Central America. Mexico borders it to the north, Guatemala to the west and south. It is a subtropical country with a length of about 176 miles and a width of 63 miles and covering about 8,870 square miles. One of the most interesting facts about Belize is that it has the second largest barrier reef barrier in the world. This 185-mile coral reef contains three atolls, making it an ideal place for diving. Snorkeling and hunting.
Visa required for US citizens before going to Belize: No.
- U.S. citizens are not required to obtain a visa for visits up to 30 days, but you must have round-trip travel
- tickets and proof of sufficient funds to stay in Belize (this is the last bank statement)
- Belize gives visitors a maximum period of one month to reside in the country before requesting an extension
- obtained from the Ministry of Defense and Immigration in Belize.
- No specific vaccination is required for visitors to Belize.
Visa required for non-citizens before traveling to Belize:
- Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Belize for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Citizens of the European Union member states and their territories.
- Citizens of CARICOM member countries except for Haiti.
- Citizens of the United States of America and Dependent Territories.
- Citizens of Costa Rica, Chile, Guatemala, Iceland, Mexico, Norway, South Africa, Tunisia and Uruguay
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Kingdoms, Kingdoms, and Dependent Territories.
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics, except for the following:
- Bangladesh, Nauru, Cameroon, Pakistan, Chad, Sri Lanka, India, Mozambique, West African countries
- Citizens of all other countries require a visa to enter Belize.
- Where to find the Belize embassy or consulate closest to where you live:
- If you are in the United States, there are two main centers where visas can be obtained:
- 2535 Massachusetts Street, northwest
- Washington DC 20008
- Consulate General of Belize
- 4801 Wilshire Boulevard, office 250
- Los Angeles, CA 90010