A document confirming the foreigner’s right to permanent residence in Kazakhstan is a residence permit. To obtain a residence permit, you must obtain a permanent residence permit. The permit is issued to the regional immigration service. The main condition that is presented to those who arrive in Kazakhstan and wish to obtain a residence permit is evidence of their loyalty.
What do you need to obtain a permit?
Foreigners temporarily residing in the Republic of Kazakhstan with a permanent residence visa or who have arrived from countries that have concluded agreements with the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding entry and residence without a visa, in addition to the ethnicity of Kazakhstan regardless of the category of visa issued to them, to apply for a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, contact Bodies of internal affairs and provide a list of documents approved by order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 7, 2015 No. 315:
- Application form for issuing a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- A copy and original (for reconciliation purposes) of the national passport, and the stateless person’s document from the recipient of the service, whose validity period on the requested day is more than 180 calendar days;
- A copy and original (for reconciliation) of the birth certificate or other document proving the identity of the child under the age of sixteen, with a joint request;
- Written approval by the state of their nationality, which can be used as a starting card or other document confirming permission to leave for permanent residence abroad (except for foreigners and stateless persons who have been recognized as refugees or have obtained asylum in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Kazakh origin of the People’s Republic of China, unless stipulated Otherwise in international treaties);
- A CV in the official or Russian language, signed by the applicant;
- A document confirming its suitability according to the rules confirming foreigners and stateless persons who apply for a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, and their solvency during the period of their stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan, was approved by Government Decree No. 1185 November 26, 2003, except Kazakhs, ex-citizens born or former citizens Of the Socialist Republic of Kazakhstan or the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as persons who have the right to citizenship of the Republic of Kazakhstan under a simplified procedure based on international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan and members of their families;
- A document on previous conviction (no previous conviction) in the country of nationality and/or permanent residence issued by the competent authority of the state (except for Kazakh citizens of the People’s Republic of China, unless otherwise indicated) by international treaties);
- Notarized approval of a child between 14 and 18 years of age for permanent residence in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- A documented agreement or notarized agreement with a natural or legal person to provide the applicant with a residence permit and permanent registration;
- Medical examination certificate for a foreigner in the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons into the Republic of Kazakhstan by the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of September 30, 2011 No. 664 “upon approval of the list of diseases whose presence prohibits the entry of foreigners and stateless persons into the Republic of Kazakhstan” (Included in the National Registry Record of Normative Laws No. 7274);
- A certificate of absence or termination of the nationality of another country issued by the competent authority in the country concerned (when applying for a stateless person who does not have a stateless certificate).
The last date for examining the permit application is 60 calendar days.
In the case of a positive examination of the permit application, the foreigner is subject to registration at the place of permanent residence and authenticated by the foreigner’s residence permit.
It is prohibited to issue a permanent residence permit for immigrants in the Republic of Kazakhstan without the positive approval of the national security authorities.
What do I need to get a residence permit?
According to the rules for the implementation, issuance, replacement, giving, seizing, and destruction of a foreign residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, a residence permit is issued for 10 years, for the period of validity of the passport of the country of the foreigner’s nationality. Applications to extend the validity of the current document or to issue a new document for the right to reside in the Republic of Kazakhstan must be submitted by foreigners to the internal affairs bodies at their place of residence no later than one month before their expiration, and in the event of loss, no later than three days.