Finding a good job is not a simple task for Ukrainians, and you are not talking about foreigners, but if you are persistent, purposeful, and know what you want, you will find a job dreaming in Ukraine. Some foreigners prefer to work in Ukraine and do not wish to return to their countries of origin.
Advantages of working in Ukraine for foreign specialists:
- High salaries
- Liberal labor legislation
- The possibility of working for several companies at one time
- High chances of obtaining leadership positions
Leaves to work
To work legally in Ukraine, a person from another country must obtain permission to work on the territory of Ukraine.
Categories of foreign citizens who do not need permission to work in Ukraine:
- Individuals with a permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- Persons with refugee status
- Those who need temporary protection
- Fleet employees and foreign media
- Professional athletes and artists
- Emergency service workers
- Professors working in universities
There are three categories of foreign citizens according to Ukrainian legislation:
- Special class (highly paid professionals, with a salary of more than 50 minimum income; graduates from the top 100 international universities according to cabinet roster; creative industry employees; specialists in information technology)
- The second category (employees on business trips; those referred within companies; foreigners who will obtain refugee status).
- Other foreign citizens.
The validity of the work permit
The validity of the work permit depends on the foreign citizen category.
- For the private category and individuals who are on a business trip permit, valid for up to 3 years.
- For defendants within companies – throughout work in the Ukrainian territory.
- For other foreigners – the work permit is valid for one year.
A set of required documents
- One photo 3,4 x 4,5 cm.
- a copy of the passport.
- A copy of the work contract.
To obtain a work permit, foreign citizens must submit documents to the employment center, depending on the location of the company where they will work. A set of documents is reviewed for 7 days, then the job center makes a decision and informs the employer. If the answer is positive, the employer must pay a fee to issue a work permit within 10 days.
Pay a work permit
To obtain a work permit in Ukraine it is necessary to pay a national fee of:
- 4 living standards for working people (to obtain permits valid from 6 months to one year);
- 2 contour levels for valid permits less than half a year;
- 6 contour levels valid for 1 to 3 years of employment (for a special class of foreigners).
Tips for job seekers
Of course, it is not uncommon for Ukrainian companies to employ foreigners. You should use this feature to your advantage.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of your mother tongue or any foreign language you know;
- If you cannot speak the Ukrainian language, give preference to a company where most of the employees speak English;
- If you want to conduct an interview, choose the traditional outfit;
- Demonstrating a willingness to adapt to the new work environment;
- Show your certificates and diplomas, they usually impress employers.
If you speak two or more languages, you will find a job in Ukraine easily. Look for vacancies in companies that cooperate with foreign partners or in different language schools, translation offices. You can get a freelance or permanent job. The amount of the salary depends on the skills of the candidate and the company he works for.
Foreign language teacher
Another option is to work as a teacher. There are many Ukrainians who have a great desire to know foreign languages. The number of different language schools is constantly increasing and there is a great demand for native speakers. You can give preference to individual teaching or work in many language schools. If you choose a profession as a teacher, be prepared for work on weekends or evenings. Be persistent and share your information with others.
Specializing in information technology
Very popular for working in IT companies in Ukraine. Many people want to participate in the IT business, because of the high salaries, flexible work schedule, lots of rewards, and an opportunity to climb the corporate ladder. Knowledge of foreign languages is a must.
If you know a lot about home country cuisine, you can easily become a chef. Gastronomy is highly appreciated in major Ukrainian cities such as Kyiv, Odesa, and Kharkiv. You can work as a chef in a prestigious restaurant or cafe.