If you’re an international student, took your undergraduate degree overseas or in the UK, and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to £5,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and in the case of the UK, who are domiciled in one of the other specified countries.
- Awards made by an institution based in one of the specified countries above, but delivered in another country, will also be eligible.
- Students must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Master’s degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Master’s grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower bachelor’s grade.
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Master’s courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Master’s study only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered self-funded.
If you have a degree from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible. Here
Excluding ITESM partnership funded students
If you are domiciled in one of the countries listed above, you have a degree from a recognized UK university, other than Essex, with First Class or Upper Second Class Honours and you meet the eligibility criteria laid out in the terms and conditions below, the award amount will be £2,000.
How to apply
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex. If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. Payment cannot be offset against a tuition fee deposit if one is required.